Confirmation Forms and Calendars
- St. Ann 8th Grade Calendar 2018-2019
- St. Ann 9th and 10th Grade Calendar 2018-19
- St. Ann 9th and 10th Grade Program Components 2018-19
- 9th and 10th Grade Name & Sponsor Form 18-19
Make-up Work for 9th/10th Grade
Session 1 (9/16): Why Catholic?
Please watch the videos below about some of the different aspects of what it means to be Catholic and write a one-paragraph response to each video:
“Catholic” is a Church
“Catholic” is an Outreach
“Catholic” is a Creed
“Catholic” is an Encounter
Session 2 (9/23): God the Father
Please watch the videos below, respond to each question:
Write a 10-15 sentence response to video explaining the parachute analogy as well as some of the ways that we can grow in faith.
Write a one-paragraph explanation of how Nemo’s father’s mission represents God the Father’s love for us.
Session 3 (9/30) Creation and the Fall
Please watch the video and respond to the question.
Write a 4 paragraph response on how pitting Science & Religion or Faith & Reason against each other are false dichotomies; in other words, explain how science and our faith both help us to explain and understand Creation.
Session 4 (10/4): Salvation History
Please watch the video below and write two paragraphs for each question:
Question: God delivered the Hebrews from slavery in Egypt, and the Church has always seen a parallel between to Jesus delivering us from sin. Give an example either from your own life or a story you’ve heard of someone who has been delivered from “slavery to sin” (e.g. someone overcoming a drug addiction)
Question: What are the overall themes you see throughout Salvation History? What is something you learned from this video?
Session 5 (10/21): Mary and the Saints
Please watch the videos below and write a 10-15 sentence response to each question:
Question: What are the Immaculate Conception, the Annunciation, the Assumption, and why is Mary called the Mother of God, not just the Mother of Jesus?
Question: Summarize how someone becomes a canonized saint in the Catholic Church.
Session 6 (12/2): Prayer
Please watch the video below and respond to each question:
Response: Write a 5-paragraph response to the videos reflecting on these questions:
- Name some different ways to pray (both individual and group type prayers).
- What is your favorite way to pray and why? What’s your least favorite way to pray and why?
- What are some challenges that make it difficult to pray?
- What’s the difference between knowing about God and knowing God, and what role does personal prayer time play in that?
Session 7 (12/9): Religious Vocations
Girls: Please watch the video below about Religious Sisters
Boys: Please watch the video below about the Priesthood
1) What are some of the gifts and talents you have and what are some of the ways you can share those gifts and talents with others/with the world? (e.g. acting, writing, speaking, music, sports, good with numbers, good listening skills, teaching, etc)
2) What do you think would be some reasons why someone would choose to become a priest or a religious sister?
Session 8 (12/16): Matrimony
Please watch the video below and write a two-paragraph response to each question:
1) Have you ever thought of married life as a calling from God (a Vocation) or do you think of it more like the “default” for most people?
2) What are some of the things that marriage has in common with a vocation to religious life?
Virtue & Chastity, Sessions 9 and 10 January 6th and January 13th
Please watch the videos below and respond to the questions:
Question: How would you define virtue, and how does the basketball team illustrate growing in virtue?
Write a 4-paragraph response to video reflecting on these questions.
- Now that you’ve heard the Catholic Church’s view and teaching on chastity and the gift of sexuality presented, what are some of the misconceptions you had before watching it that you now know aren’t true? (e.g. “I thought the Church believed that sex was bad, but now I know that the Church teaches that it is actually holy and beautiful in the context of marriage)
- What are some of the reasons the speaker gives for waiting until marriage?
- What does he say about what “being compatible” really means?
- What reason does he give for not having sex before marriage even if two people “really love” one another?
Response: Write a 2-paragraph response to the video reflecting these questions:
- How does the quote “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” from Dr. Seuss’s “Horton Hears a Who” relate to this video?
- What was your reaction to seeing the crowds of over 600,000 people who attend the March for Life every year?
- What did you think about the story of the priest and the Facebook post?